Monday, June 21, 2010

Parmesan Chips


The other evening, I served fried potatoes with our meal and Brooks asked, "What are these, Parmesan Chips?" referring to a simple way of serving potatoes which our family likes, but hadn't eaten in a while. Oh yeah, I thought. We love those things, but I'd kind of forgotten about them.

So I made some the next day.

Even though these potatoes are baked and not fried, with all the butter, they're hardly health food. But I definitely have foods that I prepare from time to time which are not made for their nutrition, but for the "Yay!" I hear when I tell the family what's for dinner.

Here is the recipe:

4 medium baking potatoes in 1/4 inch slices
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 T. finely chopped onion
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
Dash paprika
2 T grated Parmesan cheese

Place potato slices on a greased baking sheet in a single layer.

Combine butter, onion, slat, pepper and paprika. Brush this mixture on tops of potato slices.

Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese, serve immediately.

I still have several potatoes left from my garden last year, so I'm trying to think of ways to make those elderly things appealing. I'm glad I was reminded of this recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about the yay factor!
    Can't wait to make these (when I get back from THE BEACH).

    ReplyDelete

I write my posts imagining that I am already in the middle of a conversation with you. I hope you will comment and be a part of the conversation.